It is no secret that Canada consistently leads the best countries brigade in the world. Whether it is for highly skilled workers to find new avenues, for people pushed out of their nations due to war and conflict to restart a new life, or for young and bright minds to seek higher education, Canada is a land of endless possibilities.
It is, therefore, not surprising that Canada’s international student population had grown six-fold over the past 20 years until 2019. International students increasingly contribute to Canada’s postsecondary landscape. According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) data, Canada’s international student population grew by 13 % in 2019 compared to the previous year, marking another year of double-digit growth.
The pandemic, since it began in early 2020 seems to have dampened the speed – data from IRCC shows that there was a decline in enrolment of foreign students in 202 reportedly a 17% decrease since 2019. This was the first decline in foreign enrolment in Canada in the last 20 years. In the five years before the pandemic struck, the number of international students in Canada had climbed by more than 80%, making the country the fastest growing among the world’s leading study destinations.
If not for the pandemic, each year, nearly 500,000 international students choose Canada for their higher education.
Many immigrants choose to move to Canada for the plentiful opportunities it offers to them and the generations to follow. If your parents are not here and you’d like to pursue your studies, why should you choose Canada?
Whether you choose to study in large universities in big cities or go for small campus in a little town, you will experience something unique and rewarding. The degrees you gain will set you off on the path to success here in Canada or anywhere you choose to be.
The reasons can be varied – from the diversity it has, to the landscapes, the weather, natural habitats, or the booming economy. Why should you study in Canada as an international student? The reasons are as plentiful as our vast open spaces, as diverse as our people, and as abundant as the opportunities available to those who live, work and study here.
Here are a few to start with:
- World class education: Canada offers the best quality of education recognized worldwide from high school to higher education. The universities are top ranked, the education environment is vibrant. The education you receive here will prepare you for a career anywhere in the world.
- Canada wants you: You want education that will keep you ahead in the race worldwide and Canada wants you here for many reasons including economic. In 2017 and 2018 respectively, international students in Canada spent $18.4 billion and $22.3 billion on tuition, accommodation, and discretionary spending. The economic impacts of international students are undeniable, and Canada wants you here. That’s mutually beneficial for you and Canada!
- Friendly Canadians: As cliché as it is about Canadians, they are truly friendly. Your transition to a new life as a student will be less stressful with the welcoming you receive from your new Canadian friends.
- Dive in diversity: You will contribute to creating a truly diverse Canadian education system by being here. Not only that you will meet people from different corners of the world enriching your experience with new cultural understandings.
- Consider cost: The United States attracts a huge number of international students but not without the stupendous costs. In Canada you can earn the same education but at a reasonable cost. Canada is known for having some of the lowest university tuition fees among English-speaking countries. Whatever your budget may be, you’ll find something just right for you in our diverse range of education options.
It is not only the tuition cost that you’ll find it affordable here, living cost and others are also modest.
- Experience Canada: Canada has a lot to offer when it comes to exploring the vast expanse of nature. When not buried in your course work, you can go for that adventure that you always dreamed of. From the Atlantic to Rockies to national parks to northern lights, the adventures are boundless.
- Safe environment: As international students, you’ll enjoy all the freedom that protect Canadians – respect for rule of law, human rights, equality, and a stable, peaceful society.
- Clear path to citizenship: Unlike the US and other competing countries, Canada has a clear path to citizenship for students. There are no guesses and needless worries about what happens to you after graduation. Canada wants you to stay so, the procedures to becoming a permanent resident and ultimately citizens after graduation are clear. You won’t even need a lawyer unless your case is complex. The average student can however become a permanent resident with comparative ease.
As first-generation immigrants, we see a potential for hardworking students to learn and grow here. Whether you choose to study in large universities in big cities such as Toronto and Vancouver or go for small campus in a little town, you will experience something unique and rewarding. The degrees you gain will set you off on the path to success here in Canada or anywhere you choose to be.
We know that making the decision to study in Canada is not as straightforward and easy as it might sound so, you will need reliable help to guide you on that journey. Our carefully vetted, trusted, reliable and licensed consultants are therefore waiting for you. Click here to reach out to them.
At The Immigrant Life, we equally have an amazing community of people who have walked in your shoes that can answer your everyday questions and make you feel at home even before you get here. Connect with us. Contribute to Canada’s most reliable immigrant community.