The person communicated the vision.
The vision attracted other like-minded people
A tag team was born!
Pull 81,647 kg UPS Cargo Airbus A300 over a 15.24 m (50ft) distance in the shortest possible time!
The bigger challenge?
No way to practice!
Our planning strategy?
- Exercise our bodies as good as we can
- Observe the competition
- Do whatever the competition did better!
Fortunately, we were not the first to be called. Yay!
Our execution strategy?
- Observed the competition
- Faced our challenge – the plane
- Competed according to the umpire’s rules
- –>”Pick up the rope!”
- –>Pull on countdown – “2-1-Pull!”
- Pulled the plane towards us and walked backwards as we did (secret one).
- Turned around and faced our target distance AS SOON AS we overcame the plane’s inertia while continuing to pull (secret two).
- Pulled as fast as possible until we hit the target distance.
Amazing things happen when we work together!
Yes! We made it.
We pulled the 81,647 kg plane over 15.24 m in 20.84s
Yet, it was our first time!
Amazing things happen when we #worktogetheranywhere
- When like-minded team members work together, they do amazing things!
- Always work out a strategy for anything (do nothing is a strategy too!)
- Even if you don’t know the way out, still face your challenge!
- That you’ve not done it before does not mean you can’t do it!
- Be willing to learn through observation.
- You can learn from competition, anytime, anywhere.
- Every challenge has an inertia embedded in it.
- The resistance you experience while tugging at a challenge is a sign of progress not failure.
- The plan that got you over the inertia may not get you to your goal.
- Know when to change plans after you overcome the inertia in your challenge.
- Celebrate your wins, no matter how small.
- Know when to disperse your team.
- Have a dream bigger than you.
- Commit to solving a social problem in any way that you can!
Hear Helen Keller: “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.”
See the bigger picture.
Have a team; Have a strategy.
Together, run with the vision.
Then only can you truly say you are winning.
Then can we truly thrive.
Be a part of The Immigrant Life community. Let’s win together.