Application opens August 3 and closes on September 20, 2021.
Facebook Fellowship Program is open to support promising full-time PhD students (domestic and international) conducting research during the current academic year in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students (domestic and international) who are in any year of their PhD study and are engaged in innovative and relevant research in computer and engineering related areas. Such doctoral students can be from diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups.
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research outside of the above can be relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
- 2 years of paid tuition and fees (or four semesters).
- $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs.
- A paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship summit (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
- Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
Your application must include the following:
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below).
- Two letters of recommendations, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your reference contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
Application closes September 20,2021 at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be announced at the end of January 2022.